Friday 30 January 2009

Spray work and paint.

Most of the spray work was done whilst I was in Canada hooning about and eating too much. I wanted for a green similar to the conifer original. Whilst not a total originality freak, I wanted to keep as much as possible like it should be. The car should be green, so it's now a shade or 2 lighter than Jag racing green. Looks a treat in sunlight.




Car outside before my MkII doors were found.





The boot lid had some corrosion and had to be fettled, but is still straight and opens slick with its original spring setup.


The bonnet had a few high spots and needed 5 layers of paint removing before spraying.





The underneath is clean and rot free. Never seen one so clean.





I painted inside the nose cone as Ive seen so many rusted through due to lack of paint. Mine is nice and solid, so wanting to keep it that way!




No comments:

Post a Comment