Friday 23 January 2009

Shiny new body bits, paint and waxoyl.




Whilst leaving my car in the care of Captain Bodywork, I would nip in everynow and again to engage in preventative measures. Measures which will prevent future occurances of severe bodywork rot. The insides of the NOS sills (which had been in Petes loft since before I was born!) were painted, leaving room for the welding of course, the shell was painted inside the front wings everywhere. I went a bit OTT really but I didnt want it to rust again!



All points where welding had occurred was cleaned and painted. Once home the car had a gallon of waxoyl sprayed into the sills. Rust through that British weather!
AAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhh, I can see it now, clear blue skies, a scorching day in the alps, the sun beating down on my lovely panel work as we twist around the passes, and my buddy Roy in his MkI GT6, sliding over a cliff as my waxoyl drips along the road behind...


Fantastico magico!




























No comments:

Post a Comment