Friday 23 January 2009

Disassemble?! DEAD?!

Any hooooow, after some disassemble I decided this wasnt going to be a short easy fix, and brought in the big dawwwwwwwwwwg on body workin, my mate Pete of South Yorkshire Triumphs. Nice guy, no bull. After showing him the situation, his professional diagnosis was, 'Its fucked.'

We agreed a price to work around and set off buying parts at Stoneleigh early 2007. He pointed out the parts, I stuck the wonga. I bought one wing off a chap I feel sorry for, I just stood at his stall until he agreed a lower, by £25 price. After standing around and haggling aloud to myself, his words were something along the lines of, 'If I sell you it will you piss off?!' I took his kind offer.

I got some nice NOS arch repair panels for inverting, new wings and some repair parts from earlpart. The chopping began and revealed the car was in a right state bodily, but I couldn't let the old girl go to the scrapper, she weren't dead yet!!!!


mmmmmmmmm, 4 sills on one side, the last one was'nt even welded. They guy who'd done it was such a pro, he'd managed to put it on using chewing gum, air, gobo and black paint. Fandabby doozy!

Broke an air chisel getting it off.












No comments:

Post a Comment