Thursday 29 January 2009

Doors, prepping and suspenders, oooh errrr missus.

My bodywork was done at a friends workshop, as bodyman Pete, seen here, was in the middle of a business reshuffle. So when that was sorted, my mates Dunc and Al lent me their Disco and trailer to move the car to South Yorkshire Triumphs (notice the 's' there Mr BMW lawyer, now f**k off). This is where the prepping and spraying was to be done, nice clean booth to spray in.

I had started some prep work at home and after removing a small amount of paint, found some filler, and under that, a nice dink in the nose cone. Rather than throw another god knows what at it with a new nose cone, and loads of time I decided such a small imperfection should be welded up and smoothed out.

The wing work needed smoothing in too.














After deciding which doors should be saved the prep work continued. The rear doors had new metal work installed in the corners and the front doors were scrapped. After 3 months waiting and looking the best door I could get were off a mkII in Sheffield at Spitfire Graveyard. They were removed from a car less than a few hours of him getting it in. Suprisingly they were better than some South African doors from my usual source Triumphland!

Then, I decided to take on a project a couple of weeks or so later, building a PI which came with, yes, of course, some sexy new doors. Bollocks, already had the others done up!



I decided new suspension was in order so fitted some new KYBs, 475lb -1" Springs at the back, and 200/400lb -1" Springs at the front.



No comments:

Post a Comment